Mail HowTo

[quoted lines by John J. Boyer on December 6, 2001, at 15:12]

>I've been studying the replies that I've gotten so far. One problem that
>doesn't seem to be addressed is that my Web hosting provider gives me an
>account name, chpi02, a user name, director and a password. I think i have
>to supply all three of these to their server to get my incoming mail. All of
>them are required in Outlook Express, and what Windows can do Linux should
>be able to do at least as well.

I've never seen a setup like this before, but, after looking at the fetchmail
man page, my guess is that you may be able to get your mail via fetchmail as
follows: fetchmail -u director@chpi02 server-host-name

EMail: dave@mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.