some comments on software platform accessibility

I've used windows quite a bit, but I'm starting to try linux, my isp gives
shell access, they affiliate through netacc.net, don't know how small that
company is, but dns is fairly slow and I get disconnected at night, stuck
with dialup. Once I go to school though, they'll be getting t1 in the dorms
in January, so with luck it might be there before I am, or else aol it is
as the other isp would likely filter this group out with declude.com's
software, a friend used that isp, and headers showed such.