transfering linux system to another hard drive

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Janina Sajka wrote:

simply install then move the data, including appropriate /etc
> configurations, back over. Certainly seems more secure and less
> experimental to me.
I would say you are basically right, only how far would I have to go with
the install? What I don't like is that I have to use speakup disk that are
an older version than my present system, and I don't want to install the
old kernel and base system etc. If I can just use the debian rescue and
root disk to create my partitions and initialize them I don't have
aproblem, but I'm trying to avoid having to use ppp at all and having to
do a massive upgrade after I install.

Cheryl