transfering linux system to another hard drive

Yes, all the hardware except the drive is the same. But, that's just the
point. Am I wrong about this? Aren't their drive specific params to an
install?

Second, is installation really that hard? Seems it should be cleaner to
simply install then move the data, including appropriate /etc
configurations, back over. Certainly seems more secure and less
experimental to me.

But, I've been wrong before.

 On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Tommy Moore wrote:

> Hi thre.
> Why shouldn't someone back up the system like what she wants to do if
> dropping it on to a different drive.
> She is after all going to use the same machine and even if she wasn't in a
> lot of cases it would still work.
> Would save her a lot of work in the process.
> All she's doing is getting a larger drive from what I understand.
>
> Tommy

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp