Hello!

hi

one good thing with Lunux so most of you all have said is that a system can
be installed by the blind alone hay you cant do that with Bill G's MS
Windows and hay a lot of money has to be found for these products like JFW
Win Eyes Alva Outspoken ETC.  one of the big problems we have in the
blindness services community In Australia is that there is a reluctance at
this stage to support Linux within the blindness community.  a lot of us
don't have DSL connections so getting the ISO immages is not as esy as it
seems.  so  there you all are and by the way I appreciate all the oppinions
and ideas on this list it is helping me a great deal.  we have been
discussing the need to do research before launching out on a linux system
and I agree.  I am at that stage still still reading still monitoring this
list still learning!  will go for Linux wehn I feel I have some better idea
and when I feel I have some mastery over the shell the bash shell only
because I can get a book on that. It is all a bit hard to teach yourself and
I also think I will getting sighted help to install linux I am going to need
to get someone to get the BRL T T y files and compile them in to whatever
distribution I chose. Currently devian G N U because I can get the dummies
mannual for that.

I am also excited about the possibility of doing O C R with linux.  the
package won't have to be very good to be better than the windows product
omnipage pro 8 which I currently use.

 Standard disclaimer:
 Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
 * the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility
 for the contents, nor the validity of this communication; and
 * they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.