Hello!

At 12:38 PM 12/3/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I second that. What's easier than a command
>rpm -ivh somepackage.rpm
>
>With windows you need to point and click in order to install the software,

First of all, you usually don't have to click the mouse to run an
installation program. Usually you can tab through from field to field and
press enter on the 'Next' button.

Of course, if you can't, you're stuck. There's nothing you can do. On the
other hand, in linux, you can read the man page and figure stuff out. But
you better be prepared to do that.

But certainly, saying it's easier to use rpm than it is to tab through a
setup program in windows is an incredible oversimplification. If you're
going to tell some non computer geek that it's easier to use rpm than
setup, you're doing him a real disservice. You don't have to learn how to
use setup.

--
John G. Heim
WiscINFO Customer Service Coordinator