Hello!

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:07:00PM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
> No, it's perfectly appropriate to tell someone to go study. What is
> illogical is to suggest that installing Windows is easier than installing
> linux. And, it is illogical to compare installing an application under
> Windows to installing an entire unfamiliar OS--linux to be precise. The
> parallel would be more like rpm or apget vs setup.exe, where it seems rpm
> and apget would have to win hands down.

I second that. What's easier than a command
rpm -ivh somepackage.rpm

With windows you need to point and click in order to install the software,
in Linux I can do it using dumb terminal thousands of miles away securely
over ssh.

And yes, people do need to learn some basics don't they? To read books we
need to learn to read. So goes for computers and other things we do in our
life. What counts is the ease of use and learning curve which seem to be a
bit high for Linux but that's because Linux or Unix give you so much over
other operating systems.

Windows also requires lerning or I missed something. Why do they offer all
kinds of windows related classes at local colleges? Because it's not all
that logical.

... the rest of the message deleted.

--
Rafael
# My login password is misspelled name of town 10 km from my birthplace