My first message

you can download slackware linux 8.0 from the following url:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/isos/

three files install.iso, source.iso and extra.iso. install.iso is an image
of the installation cd that comes with the slackware package if you were
to have bought the cd set from cdrom.com. slackware does come with
x-windows, but if you are blind, you will not be able to use it unless you
have partial site enough to use ms-windows. 8.0 is the current version of
slackware and supports the 2.2.19 and 2.4 series kernels. I hope you have
a cd burner. if not you will have to download in pieces. unless you have a
dsl or t1 line, this will take forever. even to download the .iso files
over a phone line will take about 12 hours maybe more, but, there are only
three big files. really you only need install.iso to get linux up and
running. hope this helps.

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@snet.net