My first message

Hi

No we don't have access to the Graphical User Interface GUI under Linux but
we are waiting for Gnome V2 which will provide some accessibility.

On the Speakup site, there boot up disks that enable us to install Linux for
3 distributions but I think that they are all in English.  I'd suggest that
you visit the distribution links below to be sure that they meet your
language needs.

Do you or your students have access to Braille refreshable displays?  Do you
or your students have access to hard ware synthesisers?

Perhaps someone could advise you on Emacspeak as I know very little about
its language support.

The Speakup site is where you'll find speech enabled kernels for Debian,
Redhat and Slackware:

www.linux-speakup.org

To read about the Debian distribution:

www.debian.org

To read about the Redhat distribution:

www.redhat.com

To read about the Slackware distribution:

www.slackware.com

I hope that this helps.

Gena