Unrecognized Attachments

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, John J. Boyer wrote:

 > Hello,
 > When I sent a zipped file from Outlook Express to a person using Pine on a
 > Linux system, she reported that the attachment appeared as part of the
 > message. When she sent an attachment from Pine I was able to handle it in
 > Outlook Express with no problem. She also says that she has received
 > attachments from others using Outlook Express that worked fine. Is there
 > something I need to set in Outlook Express to make attachments recognizable
 > by Pine?
It can be that you are using uuencode or base64-encoding.
YOur pine-using friend might try to save the message as a hole using
e)xport command.
ZIt is to hope then that the package mpack is installed. With this package
she then can try to decode the attachment.
It might sometimes be needed to remove text and some headers.

To find out if this works before doing it, see the headers (full
headercomand "h", needs to be enabled in the pine-config as well) and see
if you can find the x-encoding lines. They will tell you what is used.

Ultimately, set something like "use mime encoding" in you windoz-mailer.