Unrecognized Attachments

Hello,
When I sent a zipped file from Outlook Express to a person using Pine on a
Linux system, she reported that the attachment appeared as part of the
message. When she sent an attachment from Pine I was able to handle it in
Outlook Express with no problem. She also says that she has received
attachments from others using Outlook Express that worked fine. Is there
something I need to set in Outlook Express to make attachments recognizable
by Pine?
Sorry for asking an essentially Windows question, but this is the only place
where someone might know.
Thanks.
John

Computers to Help People, Inc.