access to freeamp advanced features

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 04:57:55AM +0200, Tobias Vinteus wrote:
> Maybe XMMS is a better ooption than Freeamp. When I get around to it I'll
> wade through all the XMMS related projects on freshmeat.net. If I remember
> right  there is something called XMMS shell which is supposed to be a
> console interface for XMMS. Don't know how much of the advanced functions
> it supports though.

The primary problem with XMMS is that it generally requires DISPLAY be
set.  Now for someone such as myself who simply uses ridiculously low
resolutions with ridiculously high screen sizes, that's fine.  XMMS is, at
its core, an attempt to duplicate Winamp.

--=20
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                 Free software developer

In fact.. based on this model of what the NSA is and isn't... many of the
people reading this are members of the NSA... /. is afterall 'News for
Nerds'.

NSA MONDAY MORNING {at the coffee machine):
NSA AGENT 1: Hey guys, did you check out slashdot over the weekend?
    AGENT 2: No, I was installing Mandrake 6.1 and I coulnd't get the darn
             ppp connection up..
    AGENT 1: Well check it out... they're on to us.
        -- Chris Moyer <cdmoyer@starmail.com>

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ--