Rescue/Boot Floppies, Big Kernels

Is the use of a 3com or ethernet card a system requirement for jupiter?
Where I'm at now I've got phone line access over modem but that's the
limit on technology now.  dsl isn't in my area and cable modem is too
insecure.  Also the only cable modem service in our area couldn't get the
slackware files downloaded onto my computer without breaking them.

Jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>