problems working with a particular version of the alsa drivers.  As I'm not
using Via Voice myself, I didn't keep the messages.

Gena

Announcing Blindness Advocacy and Self-Help at www.bashonline.org

Personal pages at http://www.visson.freeserve.co.uk/
 Mobile (Cell) Phone 07951 196268

-----Original Message-----
From: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Mike Gorse
Sent: 20 August 2001 01:16
To: blinux-list@redhat.com
Subject: ViaVoice

Have any of you been using IBM ViaVoice Outloud?  I've been
trying to play around with it (v5.0), but it usually stops responding
after a few minutes, generally returning ECI_MEMORYERROR, and I can't find
a way to get it to start working again without restarting the daemon that
I'm using.  (Come to think of it, the readme for the runtime kit does say
that it requires 128mb of RAM, and I only have 96mb installed in this
machine excluding swap space, but I'd be surprised if that had anything to
do with it.)

--Michael Gorse, WPI CS '01 / ICQ:22583968 / http://www.wpi.edu/~mgorse/ --