blinux is any of this worth bidding for

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Ian Blackburn wrote:

 > > Good morning my work has a lot of sun micro systems hard wear for sale for
 > > bidding I can bid for it but the minimum is $100 per unit  is any of this
 > > worth it for running and setting up a linux machine

Okay, Debian has a default port for sparc and even ultrasparc boxes.
Last year I installed 12 UltraSparc 1 boxes with debian (for
clustering) with great success.

What you can do is the following:
1. setup a 2nd linux-box as bootp/ftfp server
2. do a net boo from the sparc-station
3. make sure that your startup image has screen-reader software included

Have fun, these are very nice compu's imho