blinux is any of this worth bidding for

> Good morning my work has a lot of sun micro systems hard wear for sale for
> bidding I can bid for it but the minimum is $100 per unit  is any of this
> worth it for running and setting up a linux machine

my work said the following
> NOTE 1:   This equipment is designed to run the SOLARIS UNIX OPERATING
> SYSTEM NOT MICROSOFT WINDOWS. As such you will not be able to run the
> typical Microsoft suite of applications,
> NOTE 2:   We are advised that the LINUX operating system will run on these
> workstations.
> NOTE 3:   Be aware that most units do not have any form of external media
> reading capability, ie floppy disk or CD-ROM.  (advises that a SCSI CD-ROM
> can be connected to an external port.)
> NOTE: 4   Sun Microsystems have advised that the may transfer a SOLARIS
> license with each of the units, but they will not support the product in
> any form.
>
> The following list identifies the type equipment available.
>
> 	Sparc IPX
> 	Sparc LX
> 	Sparc SLC
> 	Sparc 4
> 	Sparc 5

thanks for your help
ian
iblackburn@gesb.wa.gov.au

 Standard disclaimer:
 Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
 * the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility
 for the contents, nor the validity of this communication; and
 * they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.