Linux Firewall, etc.

Hello,
Does the following make sense? We have DSL here. I'm thinking of putting
Linux or a box with two ethernet cards. One card would be connected to the
DSL modem. The other card would be connected to our network. The linus
machine would run a firewall and also distribute internet traffic to the
other computers. The DSL modem now does the distributing. In addition, I
would like to telnet into the Linux machine from myl Windows computer and
run several instances of Lynx concurrently, so I could study different
subjects or courses on the Web without losing my place, as I do if i try to
use Internet Explorer.
Where could I get good firewall software> I remember that Internet-sharing
software is available from Roaring Penguin. How would this integrate with
firewall software?
Thanks.
John

Computers to Help People, Inc.