Out Of Memory, System Halted

I am booting my experimental kernel off a floppy,
and all works well unless the kernel image creeps over a certain
size, roughhly 358600 bytes.
Then I get: out of memory, system halted.
Linux doesn't even launch, not even the first line of text
that gives the version number and the date.
It doesn't seem to have enough room to uncompress bzImage.
Yet 358K isn't a very large image -- I've booted with much bigger.
Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Is there something I should have configged in that I didn't?

Thanks for your time,
Karl
Reply to  karl.dahlke@xxxxxxxx
No need to clutter the list.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux for the Blind]     [Fedora]     [Kernel List]     [Red Hat Install]     [Red Hat Watch List]     [Red Hat Development]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Big List of Linux Books]