Re: programming question Re: keyboard

Yasr (my screen reader -- http://www.wpi.edu/~mgorse/yasr/) accomplishes
this by opening up a pseudo-terminal (pty) and intercepting all input from
stdin and all output from the pty.  It then passes input from the keyboard
which it doesn't process to the pty.  I would assume that other screen
readers also use this technique (not including Emacspeak, which isn't a
screen reader anyway)