Re: Development priorities (was Re: forwarded message from Jason White)

You would find it easy to do cause you know Emacs I do not and do not find
it easy to do.  Nor do I wish to learn emacs just so I can do tasks on
Linux which is where your ideas differ.  Just because we  differ in
ideas doesn't mean your solutions should get prefrence when it comes to
development.  All current developments should be given the  same
priorities because all methods are valid ones.

I will also mention I just went through the tutorial for emacs just to see
if I could find out how to find those error messages and not only have I
not figured out where those error messages were hiding I have now found
out I can't read thestatus line yet because I don't know the correct
commands in emacspeak to do so.  I would much rather if emacspeak read me
more stuff and allowed me to turn it off as I learned to switch from
buffer to buffer and window to window.  currently the learning curve for
emacspeak is out rajous compared to the as you put it stupid speech
software.  You are speaking as an experienced user of emacs and you are
not listening to those of us who are beginers with emacs.  I am very
good at using MsDos, Windows 95, and Linux with my external speech.  Why
is it then you don't understand that learning emacspeak is not an easy
task to do and what is needed is software for peope that want to learn the
system not the Emacs editor.
Again your arguments are getting shorter because instead of addressing the
arguments you dismiss them like they do not exist.  You now have the
chance to get the last word because I will no longer reply to your
issue shouldn't be priorities anyway.  The real descussion should be on
standards like the speech server that has been discussed so Both the
Powerful Screen review software and the powerful Emacsspeak can access the
devices int he same manor so that your favorit method of access is
supported as well as my favorit access.  No access development should be
thrown up as the best other wise we end up stuck in emacs, gnome, or xwin.
If I don't want to use any of those three platforms I should still be able
to access the shell and be able to access the software I want to access
with out having to learn emacs which  I would have to do to be able to
switch from buffer to buffer to see where the errors on the screen ended
up or to see why the eterm buffer is crashing and making me have to
restore emacs.

I almost feel like I am being trapped into one environment and that brings
back nasty flash backs of Microsoft windows.

Ken /whistler

 Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Jason White wr