Re: Dealing with SUBLEVEL overflow in backports

在 2022/2/8 15:02, Johannes Berg 写道:
On Tue, 2022-02-08 at 14:50 +0000, Jiaxun Yang wrote:
Ah I tried this approach but find that this may break other modules
depending on our headers because the cflag won't come with be
inherited by them.

Hm. I thought about if that could happen, but decided not? We only
compile C files in backports, which other parts would break?

For example OpenWRT compiles mac80211 purely from backports.

So for other out-of-tree wireless drivers they have to include headers
provided by backports, but they can't recieve cflags from our makefile.

So it will leave those macros undefined ad led to problems.

Thanks.
- Jiaxun

johannes