Re: How to use backports?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM Johannes Berg <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> > If folks don't tend to use this tool on Ubuntu LTS releases, what
> > version of Linux do you use it on?  What is known to work?

> I usually use one of Debian/testing or Fedora (currently F27 while I
> wait for some things I can't upgrade).

> We do run it one some kind of Ubuntu LTS at work, but I suspect they
> also installed spatch by hand, no idea how though.

I usually run Ubuntu LTS (server, not desktop) for most of my Linux build
systems. Like Johannes mentioned, I build coccinelle from source.  While
I'm aware of the >= 1.0.6 patch that went in a few days ago, I haven't
built with anything that modern yet. Fact is, since changing jobs recently,
I'm not using backports as much as I used to since I'm stuck working on a
vendor driver.

Anyway, sorry I'm not that much help - I just wanted to answer your "does
anyone use Ubuntu for backports building" question.  Answer is yes, it's
possible to do so.

- Steve