Re: Cross-compiling wifi driver on Android

Hi,

> Thank you very much.  That tip to follow the dependencies helped a lot.
> I had been using "/" before, but just learned you can type the numbers
> in parenthesis in the search results to jump to them. Saves a lot of time.

Hah, nice trick, I wasn't aware of that either :-)

Thanks!

> After working recursively through the dependencies for the backports
> menuconfig option I wanted (RTL8192CU) I found out that CPTCFG_MAC80211
> wasn't appearing as an option in backports because my target kernel did
> not satisfy it's dependencies for CRYPTO_CCM, CRYPTO_GCM, and
> CRYPTO_CMAC.  After enabling those on my target kernel, CPTCFG_MAC80211
> appeared and I could enable everything in backports down to my desired
> driver.

Ah, yes, I should've guessed that, but forgot that the driver needs
mac80211 at all. I had attempted to backport these (crypto) at some
point, but it's very tricky.

Glad you could sort it out :)

johannes