Re: Cross-compiling wifi driver on Android

Hi Johannes,

Thank you very much.  That tip to follow the dependencies helped a lot.  I had been using "/" before, but just learned you can type the numbers in parenthesis in the search results to jump to them. Saves a lot of time.

After working recursively through the dependencies for the backports menuconfig option I wanted (RTL8192CU) I found out that CPTCFG_MAC80211 wasn't appearing as an option in backports because my target kernel did not satisfy it's dependencies for CRYPTO_CCM, CRYPTO_GCM, and CRYPTO_CMAC.  After enabling those on my target kernel, CPTCFG_MAC80211 appeared and I could enable everything in backports down to my desired driver.

Thanks again.  I'll let you know when I'm able to get the new drivers loaded on my target next week.

Cheers,

Remington