Re: AGL yocto build for qemux86-64 boots successfully but does display anything in screen

On Wed, 13 Dec 2023, Jan-Simon Möller via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2023, 07:00:37 CET schrieb rvignesh496@xxxxxxxxx:
> > As suggested, I tried the already built images from Prickly Pike v16.0.2
> > stable release for qemu-x86_64 machine and it is working fine.
> Good.
>
> > But I
> > couldn't find any pre-built images for qemu-riscv64, when I try to build on
> > my own it some packages fail during compilation.
>
> RISC-V is still experimental, can you send us the log of the failed
> compilation ?
> The best place is to file a jira ticket here: https://jira.automotivelinux.org/
>
> > Any help to debug further on the qemu-riscv64 part is much appreciated.
> We recently added the 'unmatched' board for riscv, so things should build on
> master. If there is an issue with qemu-riscv64, please report it.

Note that the Flutter based images will not build for RISC-V platforms at
the moment, as upstream Flutter does not currently support it.  The
agl-ivi-demo-platform Qt demo image or the base agl-image-minimal,
agl-image-compositor, etc. images should build (I tested that a few weeks
back).  I am aware of one runtime issue with the kuksa-dbc-feeder daemon,
(see SPEC-5011 in JIRA) but that should not block doing basic testing.

Note that you may not get graphics when booting the qemu-riscv64 images
in QEMU, that was what I was seeing when I did some test boots.  I do not
know if that is due to a configuration issue or from limitations of that
machine emulation in the version of QEMU we have in Yocto kirkstone.  As
Jan-Simon says above, the HiFive Unmatched board has build support now,
but if you do happen to have access to one, I don't think the resulting
image has been tested with a graphics card yet, so there may be still
some tweaking required.

Scott