Re: [Raspberry Pi 4] IVI and intrument cluster on different display #agl-service-windowmanager

Hi,

On 6/29/23 11:57, Praveen Sonare wrote:
Thanks Marius for shring this information.

1. Presently I'm using octopus branch for the development, since I could find agl-service-windowmanager as the closest match I tagged it with it. I realized it depricated in octopus.
     Is this good for development ?

There's no agl-service-windowmanager in octopus. It's been removed since
jellyfish. The last release that had that was icefish, a few years ago.

2. Are you referring to alexa-viewer <https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/admin/repos/apps/alexa-viewer,general> as alexa free floating application ?

Yes, that's the one.

3. I cant see *window-management-client-grpc* in octopus code nor in repo. <https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/admin/repos/q/filter:window-management-client-grpc> Please share the location of source code to understand it.

I don't know why it doesn't show up. I'll need to figure out why.

The recipe is at https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=AGL/meta-agl-demo.git;a=blob;f=recipes-demo/window-management-client-grpc/window-management-client-grpc_git.bb;h=85066b00b548e0b8668fcdbeb6714c0a2d042cac;hb=refs/heads/master

Note that this only made it in pike, I mean the recipe was added then. If you're using something older than that, it just makes sense to take a look at that alexa-viewer application and use the wayland extension. By older I mean a release after we removed agl-service-windowmanager. If you still use a version that uses agl-service-windowmanager nothing that I said will apply.

If you can switch to the latest version, then you can use that gRPC interface.

I will incorporate your suggestions and come back soon.

Aprat from this, do we have anything like resource manager that tells me the details like
1. Available resource on target
2. Map of resource vs application aquired it.
3. Set priority for an application for aquiring the resource (pre-emptive resource)

This is too generic. Resource can mean anything. Any tool that displays resource information that works with the Linux kernel would also work in AGL. If it already exists in yocto/OE you just need to add it to your image, or you need to add a recipe for it if doesn't exist.

Thanks
Praveen