Re: OpenSSH not installed - Help #agl

Hi,
On Tue, Jun 06, 2023 at 01:20:44AM -0700, davidevansg via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having difficulty understanding what's involved to get openssh / scp onto my own AGL build and was hoping for some tips.
>
> I'm using QEMU aarch64 (running on Ubuntu) to run my AGL build, and have confirmed I can ssh/scp from Ubuntu to the 'Ready Made' ( https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/octopus/#01_Getting_Started/01_Quickstart/01_Using_Ready_Made_Images/#1-qemu-emulation_2 ) Image (as I've confirmed this has openssh installed and successfully made an ssh connection to). My only conclusion is that in my own build (`agl-demo-platform`) does not have openssh installed/configured (doesn't have an /etc/ssh/ folder on my own AGL build).
>
> As far as my own build is concerned, I'm just following the standard `agl-demo-platform` build instructions ( https://docs.automotivelinux.org/en/octopus/#01_Getting_Started/02_Building_AGL_Image/07_Building_for_x86_%28Emulation_and_Hardware%29/ ) , nothing out of the ordinary apart from enabling additional features (below):

Maybe you've missed out adding agl-devel to the feature list? That
should include ssh-server-openssh/dropbear.

> EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-sdk tools-debug dev-pkgs"
This looks like you might assign rather than append.

> I can see several openssh packages in the /tmp/deploy/rpm/aarch64/openssh* which I assume I could install, but I need to scp them there (requiring SSH/SCP).
>
> Am I missing something, or is there something obvious I'm missing?
Be sure to use -f when sourcing aglsetup.sh.

If neither of those work I suggest opening a new jira ticket and paste/attache the
entire conf/local.conf.