Re: AGL Virtual machine not displaying the demo

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 11:15:43AM -0700, Vinod Ahuja via lists.automotivelinux.org wrote:
> I performed all the steps on the local machine, and in the last step of the documentation i.e. "Return to the UI and click on Start." When I follow this step in my oracle virtual box AGL OS starts but instead of directly showing the AGL demo screen I get an AGL login screen.
>
> In my previous installations a few months back of AGL in the virtual box when I start the virtual box, AGL OS directly goes to the demo screen like this one.
>
> Whereas in my current installation instead of getting this screen I am getting the login option.
>
> I hope this is clear now as to what I am looking for.
Right, I've just tried now with an image from
https://download.automotivelinux.org/ and I'm able to get homescreen
running on my VBox machine using those steps.

So I'd suggested opening a Jira ticket (https://jira.automotivelinux.org/)
and try to gather more data on matter. Try adding the following:

- What image exactly you try on to boot (version html/crosssdk/build it
  yourself)
- grab a dmesg from target machine at attach it to that jira ticket.
  You'll need to set-up a pipe between your local machine and target, or
  create a network between the two to transfer it. VBox provides a lot
  of documentation on this front.
- grab the compositor journal log and attach it.
  After logging-in as root, type journalctl -t agl-compositor >
  agl_compositor.txt and attach that file to the jira ticket.

My speculation is that if you get to the log-in prompt, the resolution is not
set-up properly, but ^ information should provide more information.