Re: Beagleboard for AI and automotive.

Hello everyone,

I'm facing the following problem to build the marlin release, it marks me this error and there is nothing deployed. I'm using opensuse 15.2 on virtual box 6.1.34, I installed all pre required packages from the yocto documentation. I run the following commands:

source meta-agl/scripts/aglsetup.sh -m qemux86-64 -b qemux86-64 agl-demo agl-devel

time bitbake agl-demo-platform

I added this lines to local.conf:

SSTATE_DIR = "/home/ulisesv/AGL/sstate-cache"
DL_DIR = "/home/ulisesv/AGL/downloads"
SSTATE_MIRRORS_append = " file://.* https://download.automotivelinux.org/sstate-mirror/marlin/${DEFAULTTUNE}/PATH \n "

and this lines to site.conf (inside <buidl-dir>/conf/site.conf, build-dir=qemux86_64 see below)

# reuse download directories
DL_DIR = "/home/ulisesv/AGL/downloads/"
SSTATE_DIR = "/home/ulisesv/AGL/sstate-cache/"

and got the following errors:

bLLVMSupport.a  lib/libLLVMDemangle.a  -lz  -lrt  -ldl  -ltinfo  -lpthread  -lm  -lxml2 && :
| collect2: fatal error: ld terminated with signal 9 [Killed]
| compilation terminated.
| ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
| WARNING: /home/ulisesv/AGL/marlin/
qemux86-64/tmp/work/corei7-64-agl-linux/llvm/9.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_compile.3791:1 exit 1 from 'ninja -v -j 1'
| ERROR: Execution of '/home/ulisesv/AGL/marlin/
qemux86-64/tmp/work/corei7-64-agl-linux/llvm/9.0.1-r0/temp/run.do_compile.3791' failed with exit code 1
ERROR: Task (/home/ulisesv/AGL/marlin/
external/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/llvm/llvm_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1311 tasks of which 1310 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

real    39m14.523s
user    0m3.932s
sys     0m0.518s
ulisesv@localhost:~/AGL/
marlin/qemux86-64> ls -la tmp/deploy/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 ulisesv users  16 Jul 30 18:18 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 ulisesv users 270 Jul 30 19:20 ..
drwxr-xr-x 1 ulisesv users 482 Jul 29 21:17 licenses

I followed some steps in this link but it didn't work either:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/automotive-discussions/2016-June/002112.html

this seems to be similar error but mostly looks different source of error:
https://github.com/AFLplusplus/AFLplusplus/issues/40

Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you for your help.

Ulises Vega

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 8:54 PM Ulises Vega via lists.automotivelinux.org <usva.techdev=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have finally got hands on as I expected and finished my ramp up.

I will start working on porting AGL to BBAI this week.

I'll first start by bringing AGL alive in qemu to understand the basics of bringing up AGL and then from there I'll start following the suggestions from Scott in previous email.

I'll keep everyone posted and send you questions

Thanks.

Ulises Vega

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 9:22 PM Ulises Vega via lists.automotivelinux.org <usva.techdev=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

This message is just to let you know that I've been able to ramp up some theoretical topics on embedded linux and some practical parts of it but not really able to get my hands on as I would have desired to start bringing up AGL on the BBAI.

I continue working on it but still have a long way to go.

If you are not in a hurry give me some more time to get into this otherwise feel free to go ahead and make the port.

Thanks.

Ulises

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 8:50 PM Ulises Vega via lists.automotivelinux.org <usva.techdev=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Scott & everyone,

I haven't been able to get onto this. I'm still ramping up and just changed jobs. I'm planning to be ready to start with these in I hope no more than 4 more weeks.

If you are not in a hurry I still want to take from there the porting of AGL to BBAI. If not I can understand someone else to do it earlier.

Thanks.

Ulises

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 5:58 PM Ulises Vega via lists.automotivelinux.org <usva.techdev=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

Yes it is a lot to bite off. I will be taking some trainings on yocto/oe in the next weeks self teaching based on open training from bootlin I think that will help me start.

I hope I can get back to you by the second week of January when I think I might be ready to start working on this topic. Obviously if you are not in a hurry :).

Thanks.

Ulises

El mié., 15 de dic. de 2021 17:03, Scott Murray <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Ulises Vega wrote:

> Hi Walt,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply. That could be much better. I would like to
> help to get up running the BBAI. This could be a good learning opportunity.
>
> What do you think?.

I checked with one of the meta-ti layer maintainers, the machine
configuration am57xx-evm in it should support the BB AI, and TI
do list the board as supported in:

https://www.ti.com/tool/download/PROCESSOR-SDK-LINUX-AM57X#supported-products-and-hardware

So you could attempt creating a machine template for AGL that builds
for am57xx-evm, take a look at the files under
meta-agl/templates/machine/bbe and meta-agl/templates/machine/j7-evm in
the source tree to potentially use as a starting point.  I suspect what
you'd want to do is use j7-evm as your reference, then copy in some of
the graphics related bits from the bbe template if you do care about
graphics working.  Also, I believe you can drop the multiconfig related
parts from the j7-evm template, as from poking around in meta-ti it looks
like it does not need them.

If you're new to AGL and especially new to using OpenEmbedded /
Yocto Project, the above may be a lot to bite off as a first project.

Scott

--
Ulises S. Vega A.

--
Ulises S. Vega A.

--
Ulises S. Vega A.

--
Ulises S. Vega A.
_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#10029) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_