Re: Pumped-Fuel Release 7 Linux and Web

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022, Bernard Craddock wrote:

> @marius
>
> firebase is only pertinent to Android and iOS, desktop-linux and web bypass
> firebase so if you haven't already install and run ped on Ubuntu it works
> just fine and if you have any install/setup issues drop me a line. Of
> course my immediate AGL concern is the flutter build linux
> ivi-homescreen issue / possible solutions Joel raised, as your time permits
> please feel free to take a look.
>
> @scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx <scott.murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> @Joel Winarske
> <joel.winarske@xxxxxxxxx>
> We're going to redesign the linux/Web UI dashboard, flip it to landscape
> and be (near) fully responsive. We've got some initial thoughts in mind,
> but we'd really welcome and appreciate any IVI layout ideas or designs you
> may have and we'll incorporate. Also can you advise some IVI screen
> dimensions we should work towards.

If your intent is to allow the app to be demoed with the AGL demo
platform image then a landscape layout will likely prevent that unless
the app has smart enough layout to also work in portrait mode.  That
constraint comes from the demo hardware used for ALS, CES, etc., and
that is going to stay as 1080x1920 portrait mode until at least sometime
later next year.  With respect to dimensions, with the current Qt demo
homescreen and apps the app size ends up as 1080x1488 (as the top
and bottom panels are each 216 pixels high).  It remains to be seen what
we end up with as the app display size with a new Flutter homescreen,
but I suspect it's likely to be in a similar ballpark.

Scott