1st draft please review

Hello AGL Members,

I trust and hope i find you all well after new year break.
Please find link to Pumped End Device (PED) https://github.com/bernardpumped/ped, our flutter based front end to Pumped backend which serves near real time fuel prices + upcoming products and promos for several thousand fuel stations across Australia.

Our Goal is to "connect vehicle drivers with Merchants" starting with Fuel  Stations as part of "in vehicle retailing". We chose Flutter for its cross platform ability and currently support Android, iOS, Web, and recently extended for Linux-desktop Toyota IVI homescreen and hopefully AGL.

We would very much like for you to install and have a play around, and as such we've written the README to cover as wide an audience as possible as we know there are both experienced and newbie Flutter developers within AGL. For example, if you're an experienced Flutter dev and want to get straight to it you may just be interested in  steps 3.5 PED Code setup. If you have no desire to develop anything in flutter but just to build and run it, we cover that as well see steps Running on X

Those of you experienced Flutter developers will notice our code is a little old, which is true as we haven't touched it for nearly 16months. We've been busy redesigning our backend to extend beyond Australia, and now glad to say part-1 of that redesign is done,  we now have the ability to cover any country in the world, and as such now re-focusing our efforts back on Flutter and hopefully will be churning out changes on rapid click over the coming months - albeit part time

We've now been approached several times if we can extend for EV's, answer being yes we can but require a partner or investor

Following dome other things  -
1. As of today the README is correct and everything builds and runs fine. except Toyota IVI Homescreen which broke as we're dependant upon libflutter_engine.so.
Joel it looks related to commit 26 "remove link dependency" as your time permits if you can take a look and advise, update your readme will be appreciated.

2. Google release changes on a rapid cadence and things unexpectedly break, i'm sure our code is als ofull of bugs fo if you find something let us know and if issue is ours we'll resolve ASAP

3. Flutter is non-opinionated and, as such, we're experimenting with evolving Design Patterns, Testing Frameworks, Code structuring etc so try not too be astonsihed if we refactor for the better

4. Even though PED starting focus is mobile once released to Play and App store our focus will morph longterm to IVI

5. We are not flutter experts, but after playing around with several different UI kits were now commited to it. Also I am not our flutter dev, he wants to remain annonyomus but I can answer most questions and will relay those i can't back

6. This is the 1st time we've ever opened anything and don't really know what we're doing just winging it, so be gentle and any helpful insights and tips appreciated.

7. PED is accessing our backend test server a rinky-dink piece of art a mate built with soldering iron, sheet metal and raiding pc repair dumpsters it's running fedora and should suffice just fine but if you have any issues accessing let me know and see readme step 4. "Prerequisite for running PED" 1* ping and 2* curl tests

8. In addition to PED we're also writing Pumped-Merchant a Retailer integration web app for product & service promotions, hopefully this will be in fit state to open by end of 3rd quarter 2022

thats it for now, we trust you find PED useful, and here's hoping we can build it together and bring Retail into automotive

best regards
Bern

Regards,
Bernard Craddock