Re: Screen tearing

On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 01:15:37PM +0100, Paulo Sherring wrote:
> Hello, all,
Hi,
> I've noticed some tearing going on in my setup, but I don't have much idea
> of what is going on :(
>
> My setup:
>  * RPi4, 2GiB;
>  * AGL Kooky Koi;
>  * HDMI display, 800x480, with highly debatable quality.
>
> I've built Kooky Koi and made a few changes to the IC Demo Application, to
> better adjust to the screen size.
>
> I've made three videos:
> 1 - https://youtu.be/Q1BLsFUs7zE - AGL
> 2 - https://youtu.be/5sPgdKXWSew - AGL Stock
> 3 - https://youtu.be/nX5X9bttbTY - Yocto

The weston log file should show up what mode it's picking it up. Alternatively
you could paste what modetest is saying, particularity the modes supported.

> On video 1, it is not visible, but, probably because the image is more
> "static-ish".
> Video 2 shows AGL's Stock IC Application that doesn't work very well on any
> screen other than FHD. I've tried to capture the effect on video,
The assumption is that for anything else than 1080p you'll need to tweak
the demo apps on your own. The videos still show up the demo cluster app
being clipped to the display itself.