Re: [agl-dev-community] Automotive Grade Linux (jellyfish) on Raspberry Pi 4B (4GB): ERROR: Did not find a cmdline Flattened Device Tree

Hi,
On Wed, Oct 07, 2020 at 08:46:24PM -0700, Alex Ryan wrote:
> I am unable to boot the jellyfish release of Automotive Grade Linux on the
> Raspberry Pi 4B (4GB) when connected to the standard touchscreen and I'm
> not sure why.
>
> After the screen flashes colors, the red light on the pi stays solid and
> the os does not boot.
>
> It does boot when connected to an HDMI monitor.
>
> But the screen is sideways, so that's not very helpful.
>
> I can change the orientation of the screen on the HDMI monitor in
> /etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini,
>
> however, it chops off the bottom of the screen when I do so.
>
> There's no ability to scroll, so the apps are unusable like this.
The demo applications, they all assume that you'll be using a portrait
orientation of the display. Further more, there's no more automatic
scaling of applications, like we had in icefish, so anything lower than
1080p will require tweaking in the demo applications, same as the
orientation. So if that panel is lower than that, you'll probably
have the same issue.

You can still use Qt to do the automatic scaling, rather than modifying
the applications, but you'll need to do that yourself, and you need to
"enable" that for all applications.

The FDT error is about missing/loading something else instead of
correct DTB. There are people using RPi4 so someone more familiar with
RPi4 might help on this matter.