[agl-dev-community] Build AGL demo with framebuffer support to launch inside QEMU on ARM #help

Hello All,

My goal is to launch AGL inside virtual environment (KVM+QEMU) on ARM platform with UI.

Target: Raspberry Pi4

Host OS: Gentoo x64

Build Target: aglsetup.sh -m qemuarm64 agl-demo agl-netboot && bitbake agl-demo-platform

I have tested it, and could launch AGL image in nographic mode (no UI), and managed to get console. X server was not started, as expected. So now I want to try out Xvfb + VNC to actually see demo UI. At this point I try to install Xvfb inside yocto layer. I have checked external/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-xserver/xserver-xorg.inc file and found it enabled.

EXTRA_OECONF += "--with-fop=no \
                 --with-pic \
                 --enable-xvfb \

Next I have updated /agl/build/conf/local.conf

echo 'IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " xserver-xorg-xvfb x11vnc"' >> /agl/build/conf/local.conf

Unfortunately I am getting

Nothing PROVIDES xserver-xorg-xvfb

I have searched for particular package on yocto repository, and did not found any matching. So I am now confused, as I feel it should be there somewhere. As well I am not sure my goal can be achieved at all. So if someone happens to tried this already, please let me now.

Thanks, Andrii Zhuk

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#8281) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #help

_._,_._,_