[agl-dev-community] Redpak Ultra Light Weight Container running AGL

FYI,

I just push on github the initial version of Redpack containers with two introduction videos.

Redpack is an Ultra Light Weight Container model. The system is designed to provide namespace isolation for managed system (cars, boat, train, ...). Traditional containers are not designed for managed systems, they mainly address Linux fragmentation and create backboxes that are organized to run without modification on every possible flavour/version of a desktop/server. No one will install a container on a car, a train or a submarine 'hoping' it will work. Redpack not only maximize resource sharing by not duplicating rootfs or sharelib, but it also provide a global security model designed with audit/certification in mind.

- Concept and architecture: https://vimeo.com/412131602

- Demon on installing AGL binder+helloworld https://vimeo.com/412135018

- source code https://github.com/redpesk/red-pak

As today only source code is available, we should release ready to go binaries soon.

Comments, testers and contributors are more than welcome.

--
/Fulup Ar Foll, CEO
Tel: +33.257.620.241 Mobile: +33.619.921.323