Re: [agl-dev-community] Landscape mode for testing? Probllems with the resolution #help

On Sun, 2020-02-09 at 07:47 -0800, walzert wrote:

> my first question is there a landscape mode / branch / demo of agl?
> I'm interrested to try landscape mode with html5.

With regard to the orientation, the vertical/landscape mode can
currently configured by changing the configuration of horizontal and
vertical dimensions at areas.json file which is located at:

/var/local/lib/afm/applications/windowmanager-
service/0.1/etc/areas.json

I'm attaching a version of it which flips those values, so replacing
the one at the device by this, would change the distribution to
horizontal.

> The second question belonging to ui is, what could I do to get a
> monitor proper to work. I have a monitor with 1280x800 px resolution,
> the boot process with the cli output is working. The AGL UI is not
> working properly, is flickering and just half of the  the screen,
> touch is working on whole screen.
>
> I tried different modes on resolution, although with the values I had
> from a linux installation where the monitor is properly working.

On which device are you testing? Resolution and rotation have to be set
up on the right [output] section of the /etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini, but
with transform=270 and mode=1280x800 should be working fine.

Regards, Lorenzo Tilve.