Re: git version tags moving?

Hi Jason,
Sorry for the poor communication.  Once the release is made we will not move tags.   We should have labeled the weekend email an RC7 instead of 6.0.0 since there was still testing going on. Issues were found with Bluetooth audio that I decided needed to be addressed before the final release.   This is my fault and should have been communicated more clearly.

Regards,
Walt

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 4:16 PM Jan-Simon Möller <jsmoeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, 28. September 2018, 22:44:50 CEST schrieb Jason Reich:
> I was looking at some of the repos, following the recent bluetooth changes,
> and I noticed one case where the FF 6.0.0 tag is on a two day old commit.
>
> https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl-devel/log/?h=flounder
>
> This is obviously newer than when 6.0.0 was announced last weekend, and
> newer than what I've built and am testing.
>

> Is this normal policy, to move tags?  I've typically worked on projects
> where a tagged release is fixed, for reproducibility, and if you need a new
> tag, make it 6.0.0a or 6.0.0.1 or something to be unique.

6.0.0 is not yet released, we're still in the process.
ATM we're waiting for a last-minute blocker fix. meta-agl-devel will move once
more before the actual release is announced.

Tags won't move once the release is done and annouced on the ML and the
website.

Best,
Jan-Simon Möller
AGL Release Manager