Re: git version tags moving?

Am Freitag, 28. September 2018, 22:44:50 CEST schrieb Jason Reich:
> I was looking at some of the repos, following the recent bluetooth changes,
> and I noticed one case where the FF 6.0.0 tag is on a two day old commit.
>
> https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl-devel/log/?h=flounder
>
> This is obviously newer than when 6.0.0 was announced last weekend, and
> newer than what I've built and am testing.
>

> Is this normal policy, to move tags?  I've typically worked on projects
> where a tagged release is fixed, for reproducibility, and if you need a new
> tag, make it 6.0.0a or 6.0.0.1 or something to be unique.

6.0.0 is not yet released, we're still in the process.
ATM we're waiting for a last-minute blocker fix. meta-agl-devel will move once
more before the actual release is announced.

Tags won't move once the release is done and annouced on the ML and the
website.

Best,
Jan-Simon Möller
AGL Release Manager