Losing cynara policy during widget reinstall

Hello,

I'm trying to build a new version of the FF launcher, basing it on the current launcher app.  I've got it working, but ran into a problem that is confusing me.

For a long time I was having a problem with the app being unable to query the runnables; in the logs I could see cynara and dbus errors rejecting the request.  I confirmed in the /var/cynara/db files that the http://tizen.org/privilege/internal/dbus policy was missing.

After much playing around and investigating, I found that if I removed the widget (afm-util remove launcher2@0.1) and then installed it fresh, all the policies were present.  If I made a new widget build and just installed it (without remove) then the http://tizen.org/privilege/internal/dbus policy was gone (but other policies from my config.xml file were still there).

Is this expected behavior, or is this bug?  If expected, why is this policy treated differently?

thanks

Jason.