FF, Kingfisher, and Radio Tuner

Hello, I'm trying to test the M3+KF radio tuner functionality with a recent build (FF 5.99.6) using command line tools, before testing with the radio apps.  We had some success a few months ago with EE, but have not looked at it recently.  Previously we did the si_init, si_fm, etc commands, and then an alsaloop command, as described in

https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-1175

Right now the si_* commands seem to work, but the the final alsaloop command is failing:

m3ulcb:~# alsaloop -C hw:radio -P hw:ak4613
playback hw:ak4613 open error: Device or resource busy
Loopback initialization failure.

What has changed between Eel and Flounder that has affected this, and how can I get the radio to work on FF?

thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide,
Jason.