Re: AGL on Raspberry PI 3b+ with PICAN2 and dual display

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2018, 15:15:42 CEST schrieb Berislav Klepic:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your input.
> I am finally able to compile the hvac demo application using a docker (after
> fixing some stuff within the image manually).
> Now I try to bring up the can0 with the prebuild master rpi3 image.
> I use the PICAN2 board as mentioned here:
> https://jira.automotivelinux.org/browse/SPEC-323 i followed the exact same
> steps (adding to /boot/config.txt), but I am still not able to bring the CAN
> Bus up.
>
> I used following commands:
> modprobe can
> ip link add dev can0 type can -> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
> ip link set can0 up type can -> Cannot find device "can0"
>
> Did I miss something to get this to work?

Hmm, I'd guess that a kernel module might be missing on the rpi ...
I thought we caught all the cases in
https://git.automotivelinux.org/AGL/meta-agl/tree/meta-agl-bsp/recipes-kernel/
linux/linux/can-bus.cfg

but that might not be true and we miss a config to make it work for your
interface. I see that  this is off. Is that your chipset ?
# CONFIG_CAN_EMS_USB is not set
or
CONFIG_CAN_PEAK_USB=m

is the driver loaded at runtime ?