AGL on Raspberry PI 3b+ with PICAN2 and dual display

Hi,

I am new to the AGL project. After reading and trying out some stuff without success I try to ask here.

My Setup is a Raspberry PI 3b+ with the PICAN2 extension board and the official 7” touch display.

Further I connect a 1920x1080 display via hdmi.

I want to bring up an AGL image with the HVAC demo app using the CAN bus to communicate. Further the navigation app should run and and mimimap, engine speed and so on should be shown on the second screen like in the video of ces 2017 (https://www.automotivelinux.org/videos) .

I already tired some prebuild binaries like the release 5.1.0 or the master branch and may more to get a running RPI with 2 screens, but I always got problems. Sometimes the resolution was wrong (if I fix it in western.ini everything freeze on start), another time no screen is shown and the raspberry does not boot.

What is also very interesting for me is: There are only demo applications. Is there somewhere any clean image without demos, where I can start to build application by myself? I think of reimplementing such a demo application with CAN-Bus support to get a better understanding. I think of something like an image with just the homescreen without demo apps, just the apps I install manually.

Best regards

Berislav