Re: autofs reverts to IPv4 for multi-homed IPv6 server ?

Hello,

this appears to be a matryoshka of problems.

> The resulting autofs package didn't show the problem I saw with the
> internal hosts map.
>
> So I'd have to say this looks like a library version problem after all.
OK, thank you for looking into this.

> It seems to me that spending some time to work out how to provide a
> lanchpad ppa is probably the best way to get you to a position to test
> the IPv6 functionality.
I will configure that 16.04 vm this week and integrate it into the
network as a "first class" workstation. It should be ready as a testbed
(including snapshot capability) then for whenever it is actually needed.

While I am at it I will see that basic IPv6 tests (with and without
libtirpc) are done in any case.

> That also means that in time there could be a 14.04 build too, not sure
> about that though.
We will move our workstations to 16.04.1 after it is released (provided
it has no show stoppers), so 14.04 is not important at all. Do not bother
with it.

> I can't spend more time on this for a little while so I'll need some
> time to work out how to do the ppa thing, if in fact I can.
I am not sure about it. If it is easier for you to provide patches I can also
recompile. Or I could provide a possibility to upload packages, the
University has its own file hosting service (think dropbox). If I am
installing binary or source packages I have to trust their origin anyway.
Whatever is easiest for you.

In any case take your time ! We await delivery of a new mid-size
HPC cluster in May (completely unrelated to autofs). As soon as it is
here I will be absorbed in configuration and migration for some time.

> I guess the other thing to worry about is if doing this will annoy the
> official downstream maintainer ... maybe we should attempt to make
> contact some time.

Best Regards

Christof

--
Dr. rer. nat. Christof Köhler       email: c.koehler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Universitaet Bremen/ BCCMS          phone:  +49-(0)421-218-62334

PGP: http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/cms/people/c_koehler/