Re: autofs reverts to IPv4 for multi-homed IPv6 server ?

On Tue, 2016-04-26 at 09:06 +0800, Ian Kent wrote:
> > So re-building and testing autofs on 16.04 with IPv6 could still be
> > useful assuming the segfault is a separable problem (which might not
> > be
> > the case of course) ?
>
> That most likely will function ok from what I saw.
>
> Even more surprising is the proximity and availability probe code uses
> the same client creation as the code that has the problem and it seems
> to work ....
>
> Anyway I can cleanup what I have and send over what's needed to build
> the debs when your ready.
>

> > I can also offer to try to do it with debian testing in a vm. If it
> > also
> > segfaults I could file a bug report hoping to get the maintainer
> > interested, especially if there are no problems with fedora. Shall I
> > try
> > that ? Instead or in addition to the test with IPv6 mentioned above
> > ?
>
> Not sure how to go about this.
> I think a couple of changes are needed but fiddling with LDFLAGS
> presence and position as I did might not be in line with what the
> Debian
> folks want.
>
> I suggest we just go along and see what we come up with.

I spent a little more time on this.

I used a smallish sledge hammer approach, building an updated libtirpc
and building dependencies I'm aware of against it, nfs-common and
rpcbind as well as autofs 5.1.1.

I just went straight to libtirpc 1.0.1.

The resulting autofs package didn't show the problem I saw with the
internal hosts map.

So I'd have to say this looks like a library version problem after all.

It seems to me that spending some time to work out how to provide a
lanchpad ppa is probably the best way to get you to a position to test
the IPv6 functionality.

That also means that in time there could be a 14.04 build too, not sure
about that though.

I can't spend more time on this for a little while so I'll need some
time to work out how to do the ppa thing, if in fact I can.

I guess the other thing to worry about is if doing this will annoy the
official downstream maintainer ... maybe we should attempt to make
contact some time.

Ian