Re: Local Mount Options

> Right but sticking it in OPTIONS="-O fstype=nfs4" on specific machines
> should work. If it doesn't it's a bug.

I could have sworn that I tried that before and it didn't work, but I
just tested that now on one of my boxes and it seems to work.  That's
good news.

I still find myself in a bit of a pickle in that some of our NFS
servers are cheap Iomega-brand home NAS boxes that only do NFSv3 and I
need to figure out how to deal with those.  I really feel like my best
bet is to start upgrading all the 5.x boxes to 6.x and this whole
problem will just go away.  Then, the OS will default to NFSv4 and
fall back to NFSv3 on devices that don't support it.

But for now, in lieu of a giant OS upgrade project, I think my best
bet is to create a second set of automount maps in a different basedn
on my LDAP server for CentOS 5.x clients that contain the
"fstype=nfs4".  It means I have to maintain two copies of all my
automount maps for a while, but that's not so bad.

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@xxxxxxxx