Local Mount Options

Hi,

We have a very diverse network of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc),
Solaris, Macintosh and BSD.  We use LDAP automount maps to publish all
the available file systems to our clients.  Different operating
systems requires different mount options to cause them to use NFSv4
rather than NFSv4.  In particular, newer versions of RHEL/CentOS,
Ubunto and Solaris all use NFSv4 by default, but RHEL/CentOS 5.x
require an extra flag to force it to use NFSv4:

mount -t nfs4 server:/path/to/filesystem /mountpoint

Note that it takes a "-t" rather than a "-o" for this purpose, and
that as I read it, there's no way to specify any non "-o" options in
an LDAP automount map.  And, of course, the RHEL/CentOS 5.x "-t"
option is incompatible with the other OSs anyhow.

So, is there a way to specify that additional mount options in only my
RHEL/CentOS 5.x /etc/auto.master or some other configuration file?  Or
do I have to stop using LDAP automount maps for RHEL/CentOS 5.x and
switch to using text file maps that have the "-t" option instead?

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@xxxxxxxx