Re: PDC20378 - Help :(

Aha! Ok, now this is making sense. The real problem is that the kernel is not recognizing your two PATA drives at all, therefore, dmraid has no drives to detect as a raid.

This isn't really related to dmraid, so I am not sure if this is the correct place to discuss it, but if I were you, I'd unplug the sata drive and see if you can get the kernel to recognize the pata drives in some fashion.

tlc wrote:
Ok, let me start over, as I said before I posted my full message to this
list before and only posted a brief problem this time.

Here is a link to the full post ..
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-October/msg02838.html
notice the misuse of the word to .. it should be two .. sorry

The PDC20378 is a 'fake' raid , so it does have a bios but it is a
software raid. There are 2 PATA IDE drives attached.
I know very well that I can not RAID a single drive.