Re: OT: searching for driver RH9.0

Hi Rich

Thanks for your advice.

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 14:41, Rich 'Forge' Mingin wrote:

> You can ignore the Windows drivers, I only used those to figure out what
> chipset your card is using. The Silicon Image Support and Medley ATA
> RAID options are in the kernel config.

Noted with thanks

> You may need to compile a custom kernel before you can access the RAID
> array. The RAID part of things is done in the driver, and the RedHat
> kernel appears to not be using the ataraid driver.

One thing I could not resolve.  When to recompile the kernel, before
installation of RH9.0 or after installation?  If recompiling the kernel
after installation, RH 9.0 will be installed on the 1st hard drive (the
hard drive connected to the 1st slot of the controller as master)
leaving the 2nd hard drive empty (hard drive connected to the 2nd slot
as master).  I have no knowledge to compile the kernel before
installation of RH 9.0

Kindly advise.  Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen