Re: OT: searching for driver RH9.0

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your advice.

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 02:10, Rich 'Forge' Mingin wrote:

>  From the Windows driver download's .inf file, on the page you linked:
>
> Silicon Image SiI 0680 Medley Raid Controller
>
> You need to use the Silicon Image chipset support and SI Medley RAID
> support in a recent 2.4.* kernel.

Sorry where is the ".inf file"  Where can I find "Silicon Image chipset
support" and "SI Medley RAID support"?  Whether all of them are in the
Window driver zip file and could be found after unzip?

> Beware that I have had zero success
> with any Silicon Image controllers, and ataraid appears to be slowly
> degenerating, and is totally obsoleted/deprecated in 2.6.*.

Noted with thanks.

This RAID box is for test purpose.  I tried Win2K running on RAID-0,
stripping.  It worked, seeing one single drive.  Its capacity was
approximately the sum of 2 hard drives connected to 1st slot, as master
and 2nd slot, also as master, respectively of the RAID controller.

When coming to Redhat 9.0 installation using "Manual Partition" 2
separate hard drives are seen, not a single drive as in Win2K case.  I
hesitate whether Redhat 9.0 could not see the RAID controller because
without proper driver installed.  Or it is correct in Redhat 9.0/Linux
case.

Kindly advise.  Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen