Re: OT: searching for driver RH9.0

Sorry where is the ".inf file" Where can I find "Silicon Image chipset
support" and "SI Medley RAID support"? Whether all of them are in the
Window driver zip file and could be found after unzip?

You can ignore the Windows drivers, I only used those to figure out what chipset your card is using. The Silicon Image Support and Medley ATA RAID options are in the kernel config.

You may need to compile a custom kernel before you can access the RAID array. The RAID part of things is done in the driver, and the RedHat kernel appears to not be using the ataraid driver.

Beware that I have had zero success with any Silicon Image controllers, and ataraid appears to be slowly degenerating, and is totally obsoleted/deprecated in 2.6.*.

Noted with thanks.

This RAID box is for test purpose.  I tried Win2K running on RAID-0,
stripping.  It worked, seeing one single drive.  Its capacity was
approximately the sum of 2 hard drives connected to 1st slot, as master
and 2nd slot, also as master, respectively of the RAID controller.

When coming to Redhat 9.0 installation using "Manual Partition" 2
separate hard drives are seen, not a single drive as in Win2K case.

This is because Win2k was using the RAID driver from Silicon Image, and doing the RAID in the driver. Linux is seeing the controller and the two drives, since no driver is doing the RAID operations.

hesitate whether Redhat 9.0 could not see the RAID controller because
without proper driver installed.  Or it is correct in Redhat 9.0/Linux
case.

Kindly advise.  Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen